It’s time to take control of your TVs, DVDs, PVRs, iPhone docks, stereos, game controls, candles and VHS remotes. It should take 15 to 45 minutes depending on the number of remotes and your organizing prowess.
1. Start by collecting them all together
2. Identify what they control
3. Recycle remotes that you no longer use
4. If you are unsure of it's use – label "mystery remotes" and stow away
5. Wipe down the remotes with a sanitary wipe
6. Label frequently used remotes ie "Living room TV"
7. Create and agree on an attractive convenient home
8. Consider a universal control to manage many devices in one - see below