Organizing Remote Controls
1. Start by collecting them all together
2. Identify what they control
3. Recycle remotes that you no longer use
4. If you are unsure of it's use – label "mystery remotes" and stow away
5. Wipe down the remotes with a sanitary wipe
6. Label frequently used remotes ie "Living room TV"
7. Create and agree on an attractive convenient home
8. Consider a universal control to manage many devices in one - see below
Creative Homes to Keep Your Clickers
Antique cutlery caddy
Velcro them to the device (soft side to the remote, prickly to the device)
Remote control pocket
Vintage hinged glove boxes
Universal Remote Tips
Most devices have a code (in the instructions or online) you assign on the universal remote to set it up. It should only take a few minutes.
Check to see if your universal device can “learn” the code by aiming the sensor towards the unit.
Ask your teenager to figure it out.
#homeorganizingtips #declutter #organizingelectronics #technologyandmedia #organizingmedia